On October 21st, 2020, at Can Tho University, GIZ and Can Tho University held the signing ceremony of the Framework Cooperation Agreement on Climate Resilience in the Mekong Delta.
This agreement aims to further strengthen the cooperation between two organisations in specific areas of climate change adaptation in the Mekong Delta that both have common interest, in particular:
• Regional coordination and planning
• Climate adaptation in urban areas
• Resilient agriculture, aquaculture and livelihoods
• Irrigation, water management and water-related disasters
• Digitalisation and innovative technologies
Speaking at the signing ceremony, Prof. Ha Thanh Toan (Rector of Can Tho University) and Mr. Christoph Klinnert (Director of the Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme at GIZ) highly appreciated the commitment and efforts of the partner and strongly believed that The Agreement will facilitate the implementation of specific cooperation activities between the two par2ties, towards a prosperous and sustainable Mekong Delta.